Job Opportunities at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL) 2022 Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants whoare self–motivated, honest, hardworking andcommitted individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
The Grower Business Systems Manager is responsible for implementing the required agricultural business and information systems to support Grower Agriculture through a Geographic Information Systems database, to support agricultural optimisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate installation of business systems and components as required, including
effective systems integration (e.g. CanePro with other estate information management
• Design and develop digital survey solutions to collect all relevant Grower data and to
distribute Grower information
• Implement and manage GIS system with reference to grower registration and mapping,
land use plans, assets under management, land encroachment.
• Develop and Implement systems to support Data sourcing (Raster & Vector),
transformation and conversion
• Satellite and aerial (drone) surveys and monitoring of sugar cane supply area
• GIS Database Management of Supply Regions & Supply Boundaries
• Environmental, geohydrology, wetlands and hydrology mapping to support growers in
sustainable farming practices.
• Training and transfer of skills in GIS mapping and data management
• Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without
limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti–Bribery and Corruption
• Bachelor of Science or Social Sciences with emphasis on Geographic, Environmental
and GIS disciplines
• 5 years’ experience managing & developing geo–referenced information management
systems for sugarcane out grower–related businesses
• Experience of Canepro or equivalent software
• Good business acumen and agricultural expertise, with ability to anticipate, interpret
and respond to changes impacting on functional area
• Working knowledge of cartography and relevant tools and software
• Strong agriculture data analysis skills
Critical Skills Required:
• Google Earth Pro
• ESRI ArcGIS
• HEC–RAS & HEC–GEO–RAS
• Garmin GPS
• DJI Drone
Terms of Service:
The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please click here to apply for the position before 03rd June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women andpeople with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply